Monday, September 12, 2011

Bunk

I took a day off today. My first in about six months. I called in sick. It was a lie.

I'm still working from home though. There's too much that needs to be done. But working from home for a change is welcome. I won't go into analyzing if my efficiency has increased, but my happiness certainly upped itself a few notches. That has to count for something, even these days. The good autumn weather outside my lovely balcony does not detract from that. Office sounds get to you after awhile. Phone ringing, printer running, chai-boy calling, sales-target chasing, gyaan dispensing sounds. Now I have birds chirping in the tree just outside my window, construction (hammer-saw-generator) sounds from the colony below, a touch of traffic here and there, and an empty large space feeling that can only come from a place called home.

No comments: