Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Lights

Ever once in a while, a song comes along that just hits all the right notes. Maybe this is just my opinion. Maybe the song will burn out and be forgotten soon. But damn, that piano riff, Chris Martin's vocals, Will Champion's 3x3 kicking in midway, all make for one of the most bittersweet tunes to hit me in a long, long time. It's not really a Christmas song in the strictest sense of the term - it's not a hymn and it's got no traces of Christianity to it. But by all that's holy, it's got humanity. And in the process, a bit of godliness as well.

I believe Elvis lives.

2 comments:

Shreya said...

When you're still waiting for the snow to fall
It doesn't really feel like Christmas at all...

I'm smiling to myself early in the morning in office :)

The Comedian said...

A cup of candles, oh they flicker
Oh, they flicker and they float
And I'm up here holding onto all those chandeliers of hope

:)